Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Deck the Halls


{A living room regular gets the holiday treatment with starburst ornaments and peacocks}

This past weekend I went home for a few days and participated in decorating my family home for the season. By the time I make it home for Christmas the house is always already decked out. However, this year a variety of factors contributed to decorating getting a late start and I was able to partake for the first time in years. The ritual was made all the more special by my grandmother being in town. We usually spend Christmas in Mexico with my extended family but this year we have opted to stay home so I was happy to see her and enjoyed decorating the tree with her. Here are some snapshots of my long weekend and the holiday tidbits I enjoyed.


{Making Mexican Hot Chocolate (OPI Got the Blues for Red nailpolish)}


{A favorite Missoni-inspired ornament (similar here)}


{Using my sister as my Barbie and giving her Heidi braids for a holiday party}

{Old friends dropping by with unexpected treats}

No comments:

Post a Comment