Monday, March 5, 2012

No More Excuses


Let me start off by saying I am not one for quotes. I am just not one of those girls. My favorite quotes are usually taken out of context from a novel not some clever one liner spewed on the fly. I do love me some puns; my nearest and dearest can attest to this. I blame Sex and the City for this penchant of mine. However, when I read this I had an "aha" moment. I proceeded to reference it in conversation to almost anyone who would listen. And today I remembered I had yet to share it with you! I don't think quotes will be regulars here unless they stop me dead in my tracks like this one did.

What I like the most about this one is that it can be interpreted in multiple ways. What do you usually make an excuse for? Perhaps, like I, you are a master at convincing yourself that weekends are not for working out and neither are weekdays because you work then and you're tired. Or do you shy away from situations outside your comfort zone? Perhaps you have someone in your life that doesn't make time for you and it is time you realize you need to stop making excuses for them.

Whatever it is I hope this provides you with some "aha" of your own. I'd love to hear what situations in your own life you have applied this to so please do share.

{Image via The Glitter Guide}

No comments:

Post a Comment