Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Apple Chips


I'm a big fan of the promise the new year brings. I love the idea of constantly improving and re-inventing oneself. And I have yet to meet someone whose resolutions don't include improving their health and wellness through fitness and diet. If you are one of those people I actually don't want to meet you. So maybe you should go now. Without further ado here is my small contribution to helping those with similar agendas as mine in 2012. Meet one of my favorite snacks the apple chip!

They get bonus points for making your home smell amazing. They are also simple to make and require very few ingredients. Let's get started!
 
Ingredients: apples + cinnamon 


1) Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Core your apples; I like to use a potato peeler


2) Slice your apples thinly. If you have amazing knife skills use a knife. If you don't invest in a mandolin. This is my mandolin of choice.


3) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your apple slices on it. Sprinkle with cinnamon.


4) Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and then flip. Bake for one more hour, checking them halfway.


Congratulations you made apple chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment