Monday, February 13, 2012

Floral Inspiration {Valentine's Day}




Valentine's Day for me would never feel complete without fresh flowers. This year I urge you to look past the clichés and think outside the box aka the red rose rut. A good starting point is finding out the recipient's favorite flower. Peonies are mine. Hydrangeas and tulips are both lovely options and won't feel overdone. I have yet to meet someone whose favorite bloom is a rose, but maybe that's just me. Feeling even more daring? How about an option that will last longer than a week? Any decorista worth her lucite would delight in a classic orchid planter or the oh so on trend fiddle leaf tree, my personal fave. If you really can't part from the roses at least go for a deep red interjected with unexpected green orchids or try a clean and modern option with some purple thrown in for good measure such as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment